It did not take long to get this Dj Webpages web page up and running. I chose to skip wordpress and grabbed a free bootstrap template. I pulled almost all of the assets out accept a cool image tialer and the footer. I then started process testing until I had a solid process to post a url, insert into database, wait for image generation, and process the final image into the website. I can now automate this into routine and deal with feeding it urls and approving urls from website users. I even had time to stop for breakfast on the beach with my friend Dee.
During the system setup I ran into a bit of trouble with the screen shot automation. Some websites just dont translate over correct. I have already checked out a few other alternatives that do a much better job of getting the real user view of a website. There several services out there with paid screen shot APIs, but i want to keep this free source for now. I will continue the path with the current method of Automating Website Screen Shots which at least completes the purpose of this quick simple one day project.
Total Time Invested: 3 hrs with 21 Total github commits